Soprano Julia Sophie Wagner grew up in Munich but has been calling Leipzig her home for quite some time now. She was born in a family, where music aways played an important part, both professionally and in private. Raised in the musical tradition of Johann Sebastian Bach, the interpretation of his work is what she is especially known for.
Musical categories is what Julia is trying to avoid at all times. She feels at home with baroque music as well as with the great works of the classic and romantic period. Her debut at the Kennedy Center Washington, where she performed her first Beethoven "Missa Solemnis" was voted "Kennedy Center event 2014" by Washington Life Magazine. At the same time she has great interest in contemporary music, especially in the challenge of bringing together complex musical content and direct emotional access. Chamber music with the great possibilities of direct communication within the ensemble as well as with the audience, and in this genre especially art song, has a special place in her repertoire. In the past years Julia has brought to life numerous programs and projects, oftentimes together with the renowned pianist Eric Schneider.
After some years of abstinence for family reasons, Julia will be heard and seen on the opera stage more often again in the near future; in the 2019/20 season she will be singing Pamina in a new production of Mozart's "Magic Flute" at the Leipzig Opera.
Werke von Siegfried Thiele u.a.
Julia Sophie Wagner, Soprano
Steffen Schleiermacher, Leitung
Richard Flury "Die helle Nacht" - Oper in zwei Akten
CD-Produktion (Toccata Classics) - bis 19.5. inkl.
Julia Sophie Wagner - Solange
Daniel Ochoa - Arzt
Eric Stoklossa - Robert
Daniel Kirch - Ritter
Stephanie Bühlmann - Celine
Ogulcan Yilmaz - Herold
Leitung: Paul Mann
- Antonín Dvořák: Requiem Graduale (Excerpt) Bachchor Karlsruhe, Leitung: Christian-Markus Raiser Antonín Dvořák
- Joseph Haydn: Die Schöpfung Auf starkem Fittiche (Excerpt) Merseburger Hofmusik; Leitung: Michael Schönheit Joseph Haydn
- C.P.E. Bach: Magnificat Quia Respexit Humilitatem (Excerpt) Ensemble Tafelmusik Toronto; Leitung: Gotthold Schwarz C.P.E. Bach
- Giovanni Bononcini: Camilla Fate, the more (Excerpt) Elbipolis Barockorchester Giovanni Bononcini
- Giovanni Bononcini: Camilla Dangers everywhere (Excerpt) Elbipolis Barockorchester Giovanni Bononcini
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Missa Solemnis Benedictus Prague Philharmonia, Leitung: Roland Kluttig Ludwig van Beethoven
- Johann Sebastian Bach: h-Moll-Messe Domine Deus (Ausschnitt) Nicholas Phan, Tenor, Bachkollegium Stuttgart; Leitung: Helmuth Rilling Johann Sebastian Bach
- Georg Friedrich Händel: Saul Fell rage and black despair Bachkollegium München, Leitung: Hansjörg Albrecht Georg Friedrich Händel